The Paul Robeson Leadership Institute, named after Rutgers most notable alumnus, provideS students with direct academic support to help them become a Rutgers graduate. Robeson was an athlete, actor, singer, cultural scholar, author, and world wide political activist. As a Robeson Scholar, during their time at Rutgers, students are exposed to a range of scholarly experiences such as attending a leadership summer institute, specialized training and leadership workshops, career and post graduation planning as well as many opportunities to engage with distinguished faculty, staff and alumni. Students will also be invited to participate in a range of programs like undergraduate research, study abroad and experiential learning with funding options.
- Invitation to participate from Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Academic Affairs
- Identify as first in the family to attend college
- Member of an historically underrepresented group in higher education
- Designated as financially high-need by the Rutgers Office of Financial Aid
- Paul Robeson Leadership Certificate upon graduation
- Individual college advisor to help students navigate and graduate Rutgers on time with success
- Opportunities to travel abroad, career planning and develop leadership skills